Vitamins E and K, medium chain fatty acids.
- Improve moisture and lipid content of the skin (3).
- Sunscreen properties – blocking about 20% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays (4, 5)
- Anti inflammatory and analgesic properties (5a)
- Anti fungal , anti microbial (5c)
- May improve atopic dermatitis (1)
- May improve xerosis (2)
Vitamins A, B5,B6, C, D, E & K, and Omega-3 fatty acids, Antioxidants
- Contains sterolin. Avocado oil is high in a substance called sterolin, which studies have shown to facilitate the softening of the skin and to reduce the incidence of age spots (6a)
- Nourishing and moisturizing properties (6a)
- Increase collagen production (6a)
- Dermatitis and arthritis (6)
- Eczema and psoriasis (6a)
Vitamins A, E and fatty acids
- Anti-inflammatory (reduction in osteoarthritis pain vs medical gel) (10)
- Used as a make up remover
- Useful for dermatitis (in a mixture of Olive oil, Honey and Beeswax was found to be:“Useful in the management of dermatitis and psoriasis vulgaris” (7)
- Can assist with skin repair from UVB damage (reduced the number of skin tumors in mice that were exposed to UVB) (8)
1 Verallo-Rowell VM, Dillague KM, Syah-Tjundawan BS. Novel antibacterial and emollient effects of coconut and virgin olive oils in adult atopic dermatitis. Dermatitis . 2008 Nov-Dec;19(6):308-315.
2 Agero AL, Verallo-Rowell VM. A randomized double-blind controlled trial comparing extra virgin coconut oil with mineral oil as a moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis. Dermatitis . 2004 Sep;15(3):109-116.
Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic activities of virgin coconut oil.